Sunday, May 6, 2007

interesting deisgn ideas

recently i have been on a streak of just coming up with ideas in my head but not taking real actions...it's really a bad habit : ( too many little projects, ideas, words to be recorded...but quickly forgotten because they only stayed in my head. I have accumulated so many images of things that I want to share with everybody...I promise starting today I will get them out of my "random" folder on the desktop and show them to you. And since I have been just saving the images, I did a really poor job remember the exact names and sources of them. So here I apologize to the designers that should be credited for the great work.
Let's start with a few design ideas/products that have caught my attention and really fasinated me:
This is a design that an industrial design student had proposed. He's using a bunch of giant umbrellas normally used in professional photo-shoot. These umbrella were made to help reflect light evenly and therefor interestingly it is a great material to create a diffused light fixture.
this is a ash tray designed by a japanese designer. maybe because my love for architecture...anything that show some kind of architectural relevance fascinates me. hehe : P
i visited the school of architecture at UT a few weeks ago just to see some old friends and saw this in the 3rd year sound-building studio. i supposed i have graduated too early (?) i don't think there was a laser cutter in the school two years ago?! so this a modular wall the 3rd year students have design and created by using the laster cutter. it was a material experiment with professor billie faircloth. module, is truely a wonderful design technique. you would be amazed how possibility can expand just by multiplying a single module.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home